Saturday, September 26, 2009

Textures, patterns and other

Mostly these are other. You'll notice a border around each image. This is the edge of the negative. Each strip of black and white film was scanned and converted to a jpeg file. I may have adjusted the brightness and contrast on as many as three of the images. Otherwise they haven't been altered. My lack of cropping is why you see the edge of the negative in each picture. I read somewhere that some photographers will actually make prints that show the edge of the negative like this as a way of showing that they had the forethought to compose the photograph the way they wanted it before actually taking the picture. I try to do this as much as possible for a variety of reasons. The one in here that was cropped, I cropped because I held the camera a little crooked so my lines that should have been parallel with the edge of the frame were not.












4 comments:

  1. for several reasons, i like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's because Charlie is faster than me isn't it? Or because you know I hand-held at like 1/8 with a 50mm lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I had a hunch that was good ole Chuck. For sure then, I like the shot because he is faster. Any other valid reason seems to escape me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHAAAAAAAAAAALIE!! A good egg. Unblocked from commenting? I'll see in a second.

    ReplyDelete