Monday, May 4, 2009

Anti Climax

Generally speaking I am a fan of climax. Lately however, there has a been a serious lack thereof.

Two weeks ago I spent three months training for a race. Instead of going really fast by racing hard (climax) I raced like a sissy girl (anti).

Yesterday I drove with roomie and teamie to VA for an xc race. I cleaned my bike. I ate a low fiber high energy breakfast four hours before start time. I drank coffee two hours before start time. I went to register one hour before start time. These steps are the foreplay of bike racing. I was mentally and physically prepared. After four hours in the car the anticipation was killing me.

Then they did not take my money at registration. This is atypical. Half an hour later they announced that they were canceling the race. Not awesome. Regardless of the weather forecast I may start emailing promoters to make sure this won't happen again. Nobody likes a tease.

1 comment: