Friday, November 28, 2008

Finland




According to wikipedia, Finland's "Contemporary music includes e.g. a renowned metal music scene, in common with the other Nordic countries, as well as a number of prominent rock and pop bands, jazz musicians, hip hop performers and makers of dance music." I can confirm that the metal is indeed renound. Lately I haven't been able to stop listening to a few bands, all from Finland.



It all started with Korpiklaani, after peeping the youtube for some of their music and stumbling upon this: there was no turning back. I mean seriously, the man pops out of an outhouse playing a fiddle. I thought I had found the greatest music of all time. I had, but there was more.



Luckily Banshee media player, along with the internet, is pretty smart and was able to recommend some other bands I might be interested in. Ensiferum anyone? Rumor has it they call themselves "viking metal", I call them "awesome".





Finntroll rounds out the picks for this month. In a semi related genre, but not country of origin I need to mention apocalyptica, you know, the cellists.

As a response to my letter to nationals, a friend suggested to get in shape for nationals all I would need would be a 10 minute training montage. He was right, and I think with this music as the soundtrack that montage might just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment