Friday, October 31, 2008

Penz

I recently purchased a new pen from the internet. It was delivered yesterday, but since I was not home at the time of delivery, they left it in the housing association office. No big deal, they're open from 9-12 on weekdays, I'll just show up to my 9am meeting a little late after picking up the pen.

Nope. The small sign indicted that they would be closed today. Great, now I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday. Lame.

Why would you buy a pen on the internet? Because unfortunately there are few retailers carrying fountain pens these days. Fountain pens write better. There I said it. I was hoping that because fountain pens write better, I would be able to write better with one. This has yet to happen. Remember IAMPETH and the Spencer brothers? Penmanship.

I started looking at and attempting to learn and/or invent some ornamental capital letters. Here's an example from Caitlin's pumpkin contest entry.




No comments:

Post a Comment