Thursday, October 30, 2008

Radio



Lately I've been pretty jazzed to be able to sample some new tunes via pandora internet radioesque website. It has about as much variety as the radio, but will allow you to choose the genre and skip songs once in a while.

Sometimes I hear voices, usually in my head. Today I could swear they were coming from the computer. Behind my epic metal there were voices. Was this a scheme by pandora to subliminally sell me more Epica or Apocalyptica albums?

I turned down the volume on the pandora website. The music went away, but the faintest sound background noise still came through.

Was I running another website or program in the background that made sounds I was not aware of? I shut them all, the noise remained.

Let's double check, I muted the sounds on the computer. The sounds persisted.

I turned the volume on my speakers all the way down. The music got louder. Apparently I'm picking up a local radio station via my computer speakers. Oddly enough it comes in loudest with the volume turned all the way down. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment