Sunday, September 7, 2008

Accidental Epic

By utilizing the desk I found on the side of the road and a map of NC I had purchased, I planned out what I was hoping would be a 4.5 hour road ride today. I really wanted it to be 5 hours or less so that I would make it back in time to indulge in my first free breakfast buffet at the flying saucer. The flying saucer is a local beer bar and beer bar chain that offers members brunch buffet from 12-3 Sunday mornings. I left at 9 so the worst case scenario would be a 5 hour ride and a rush to brunch.

Instead I rode for nearly 7 hours and got pretty well sunburned in the process. I learned two valuable lessons, the first is that churches and houses that are for sale are the best places to fill up your water bottles. Second, wearing sunscreen can prevent unsightly helmet tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment