Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The New Way

It's time to learn a new way. Using the old way of thinking, I didn't kick ass on two separate fronts today. The first was eating, I accidentally ate a little too much at free dinner. I also had planned to ride pretty hard today. I didn't, and this was my second failure to kick ass.

It's raining. It's been raining all day. The new way now dictates that as a student, when I'm tired or can make another excuse not to hurt myself in the rain, I can take a 'rest' day. Rest is relative, I will run for like a half hour. The legs just didn't feel that swell yesterday and the correct answer is to be nice to them until they do feel swell. Only then will I beat them into the ground again. I still failed to kick ass at eating.

This new way is going to be sweet. I keep imagining how fun/different it would be to take the new way another step further and just be a normal graduate student. What a new realm of possibilities it would offer, like drinking more beer, not caring about getting fat, and joining all of the food science related clubs. Then I remember how unrewarding it all is in comparison to riding a mountain bike through the woods faster than most. Sold. I'll keep riding, sorry product development team, I have to go to sport practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment